The Department of Homeland Security launched a new immigration enforcement operation in a North Carolina city, targeting undocumented individuals. Officials said the crackdown aims to strengthen border security and ensure compliance with federal immigration laws amid rising enforcement efforts. (40 words)

The Department of Homeland Security confirmed Saturday that it has initiated immigration enforcement operations in Charlotte, N.C. “Americans should be able to live without fear of violent criminal illegal aliens hurting them, their families, or their neighbors,” Assistant Homeland Security Secretary Tricia McLaughlin said. “We are surging DHS law enforcement to Charlotte to ensure Americans are safe and public safety threats are removed,” she added.

Local officials, including Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles (D), criticized the federal action in a joint statement, saying the operations “are causing unnecessary fear and uncertainty.” “We want people in Charlotte and Mecklenburg County to know we stand with all residents who simply want to go about their lives,” the statement said, also signed by County Commissioner Mark Jerrell and Charlotte-Mecklenburg school board member Stephanie Sneed.

Federal authorities had not previously announced the enforcement activity in Charlotte. However, Mecklenburg County Sheriff Garry McFadden said Thursday that he had been informed by federal officials that U.S. Customs and Border Patrol personnel would arrive either Saturday or early next week. “We value and welcome the renewed collaboration and open communication with our federal partners,” McFadden said, emphasizing the importance of staying informed and maintaining community trust.

The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said ahead of the federal activity that it is not participating in the enforcement operations. Charlotte, a city of more than 900,000 residents, includes over 150,000 foreign-born individuals, according to local officials. North Carolina Gov. Josh Stein (D) noted that most of the people detained in recent federal operations do not have criminal convictions, and some are U.S. citizens, urging residents to document any “inappropriate behavior.”

The Trump administration has intensified efforts to address violent crime and illegal immigration, deploying National Guard troops to cities including Chicago, Washington, D.C., Memphis, and Los Angeles, while additional enforcement actions have been carried out. Attempts to deploy federal personnel in Portland were blocked by the courts. Late last month, Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem denied Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker’s request to suspend ICE operations over Halloween, arguing enforcement primarily targets criminal illegal aliens to keep children safe.

“No, we’re going to be out on the streets in full force,” Noem said, emphasizing arrests of murderers, child predators, and other criminals. Earlier this month, Chicago Alderman Ray Lopez expressed support for Trump’s increased federal deployment, noting many constituents favor additional resources to protect both ICE agents and community members amid ongoing enforcement efforts.

Related Posts

At the Munich conference, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and California Governor Gavin Newsom sharply criticized the Trump administration’s policies, highlighting concerns over democracy, global alliances, and domestic leadership while drawing strong reactions from supporters and opponents alike.

New York Democratic Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and California Governor Gavin Newsom delivered remarks at the 62nd Munich Security Conference in Germany, where they offered pointed criticism of…

The shocking truth about a hidden household appliance that can quietly double your electricity bill, consuming in a single minute the same power other devices use over hours—and why this energy drain may be costing you far more than you realize.

Most people open their electricity bills and immediately begin searching for visible explanations. They picture the air conditioner battling summer heat for hours, or the television glowing…

Savannah Guthrie’s family publicly appeals for help as her brother urges suspected captors of their elderly mother to provide proof of life and show compassion. Investigators pursue active leads while the nation watches anxiously amid mounting concern and uncertainty.

The crisis surrounding the disappearance of Nancy Guthrie has taken a profoundly personal and emotionally devastating turn, transforming what initially appeared to be a troubling missing-persons case…

Republicans are urging the Supreme Court to halt New York’s redistricting plan affecting a Republican-held congressional seat, arguing the changes unfairly dilute GOP voting power and could influence upcoming elections if allowed to proceed.

New York Republicans on Thursday filed an emergency petition with the U.S. Supreme Court seeking to block a state court ruling that would require a new congressional…

Former President Donald Trump has launched the “TrumpRx” initiative, aiming to reduce prescription drug costs nationwide by negotiating prices, increasing transparency, and implementing strategies to make medications more affordable for Americans across the country.

President Donald Trump has officially unveiled TrumpRx.gov, a new federal prescription drug platform designed to dramatically reduce the cost of medications for millions of Americans. According to…

Fox News host Tarlov faces mounting calls for dismissal after making controversial remarks about former President Trump involving a “coffin,” sparking public backlash and debates over media responsibility, decorum, and the boundaries of political commentary.

Jessica Tarlov, a Democratic strategist and co-host on Fox News’ The Five, is facing intense public backlash following remarks she made during a segment earlier this week….

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *